Thursday, November 10, 2016

PB2B

I choose a text about Jonnu Smith a college football player at Florida International (FIU) who got burned by his girlfriend Mary Gaspar. In my PB2B I will be identifying the different players that are involved in this article, I will also be discussing the different people/organizations that are impacted by this cruelty. I will be connecting this article I’m reading to Shelly Reid’s “Critical Reading Strategies” and then combining the “Doubting and Disagreeing” strategy with the “Taking Positions” strategy.

In this article the injured Jonnu Smith is deeply involved in this issue. He is involved because now he has suffered severe burns on his head, neck, back, a shoulder and an arm. To a result of these burns he now has to sit out the rest of the season. If I was in Smith’s position I would ask my girlfriend why would you do this to me? Why would you mess up my good season I was having? What if this messes up my chances to get into the NFL?

Another key “player” involved is Mary Gaspar Smith’s girlfriend. She is a key “player” because she caused Smith’s injuries and now she has to sit behind bars because of her actions. If I were her I would ask Smith why wasn’t you paying me attention while we were arguing? I would ask myself why would I stoop so low to do such a thing? What if I have to do some time because of my actions?

Smith and Gaspar’s baby could also be another player because the mom might have to do some time and not get the correct care the baby needs to stay healthy. Another reason this situation might break the parents up and the baby would suffer because it’ll be growing up in a broken home.


The whole FIU organization is key “players” including Smith’s coaches and teammates because they’ll be losing a major factor on the field in Smith. He made the midseason John Mackey Award (best college tight end) that’s a big deal in the college football world. If I was one of his coaches or teammates I would ask him, why would she do that? Why are you still with her after we told you that she was crazy bro? How we going to find your replacement? 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18014878/florida-international-golden-panthers-te-jonnu-smith-season-suffering-burns-attack

No comments:

Post a Comment